[cl-typesetting-devel] Page n of m?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Thu Sep 30 20:39:36 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel wrote:
> "Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:
>
> > Hum, you should follow more closely the evolution of cl-typesetting
> > ;-) What you want is called references and it's in references.lisp.
>
> Great! Next you're going to tell me you've already got a mechanism for
> doing footnotes.
>
> Hmmmm. Not quite. I did what you said but it thinks my document is 999
> pages long. Here's the main bit of my code. Maybe I've just made some
> dumb mistake that you can point out:

The multipass mechnism is integrated into typeset:with-document so it should
work in your code.

As they are several passes you should use:

 (when (typeset::final-pass-p)
   (pdf:write-document file))

To avoid writing the pdf file during the intermediate passes.
(I will probably redefine write-document in typeset to handle this more
easily.)

How many passes go you get ?
What are the values of *current-pass* *undefined-references*
*changed-references* ?

Marc