[cl-typesetting-devel] Formatting across pages bug not quite dead.

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Wed Feb 25 22:43:34 UTC 2004

"Peter Seibel" <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> > Not from my point of view. The only pattern that I can see (given this
> > limited data set) is that in both cases where the formatting is
> > broken, the first line on the new page contains character formatting
> > that gets broken across the line (i.e. it starts on the first line and
> > ends on the second line). On page 3 it's the ":if-exists" which is set
> > in Courier and on page 5 it's the "WRITE-CHAR" which is set in
> > Courier-Bold. In both cases that same formatting seems to get picked
> > up by the beginning of the line.
>
> And that indeed seems to be the pattern as this standalone example shows:
[example...]

Thanks for this torture test which was particularly wicked... ;-)
Saving the style context has to somewhat unwind the style changes if a line
does not fit on the page.

As the repositories are still down for some unknown amount of time, I attach
the fixed layout.lisp file.
(I hope I don't bother anybody by doing that.)

Marc