[cl-typesetting-devel] typesetting a "text pyramid"

André Fatton a.fatton at unibas.ch
Mon Dec 6 10:26:47 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm not a Lisp- nor a typesetting-newbie, but I only recently
discovered cl-typesetting. I was wondering about the following: I have
a text file of a couple of thousands lines, sorted  #'< :key #'length
on the line length. Each line is one or two chars longer than the
previous one (but a lot are of equal length also). It's a sort of a
text pyramid. Now, unless I'm using a monospaced font, it's not at all
a smooth pyramid.

How could I get an exact pyramid? How could I force a line to be
typeset in a box that is a little bit longer than the previous one and
pack this in a loop?

or is there another approach (measuring the natural size of the lines
and sort then...? no...)

sincerely,
André Fatton