[cl-typesetting-devel] Re: did my note to cl-typesetting-devel get through?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sat Dec 20 11:23:35 UTC 2003

 Hi Dave,

>  I sent this note to cl-typesetting-devel a few hours ago. I did not
>  receive either it or a bounce. Did it come through to you?

No. I've also sent messages to announce the subversion repositories in the 4
lists and seen nothing.
I've sent an email to common-lisp.net.

>  I am thinking about how to tackle multi-page documents with
>  cl-typesetting but am a bit stuck as to how to get started.
>
>  Each page needs to end up inside a
>
>    (pdf:with-page ... )
>
>  right?

Yes.

>  So if we have a piece of content (made with typeset::compile-text),
>  we need an intermediate step which figures out how to break that
>  content into multiple pages, right?

Yes, it's done automatically, you just continue to use the text-content
object while it's not empty.

>  Or do we need a higher-level thing like "compile-document" which
>  transforms into several "compile-text" forms?

No.

>  Anyway sorry if I'm thrashing a bit here but I just thought I would
>  solicit a bit of discussion before diving in and tackling it.

The devel mailing list is for this...when it works :(

>  Right now I am looking at a 7-page MS Word document to which I have
>  to make some edits and am supposed to get to a customer by Monday,
>  and if possible I would love to convert the whole thing into
>  cl-typesetting and deliver a nice PDF on Monday ... ;)

Sure! Is it a complex one or just text ?

Marc