[cl-store-devel] "Cannot store objects of type SYSTEM-AREA-POINTER with backend cl-store"

Malcolm Reynolds malcolm.reynolds at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:41:11 UTC 2009

Hi

I've been receiving this error when trying to save out a matrix of the
format used inside GSLL (GNU Scientific Library for Lisp) using
cl-store - this can be reproduced by doing the following:

(cl-store:store (gsll:make-marray 'double-float :initial-contents '((1
2 3) (4 5 6) (7 8 9))) "blahblah")
=>
"Cannot store objects of type SYSTEM-AREA-POINTER with backend cl-store"

I googled the error message but all that turned up was various copies
of the source code.

I guess the error is due to GSLL doing something funky with it's data
structures in order to call C functions on them.. is there any way
around this problem (perhaps by using a different backend in the
optional argument to store)? If not I can just convert matrices to and
from gsll format as I load them, but it would be handy to avoid having
to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm