[cl-store-devel] CL-STORE:RESTORE-ERROR - ILLEGAL-KEYWORD-VALUE

Gary Zu clstoreuser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:12:53 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I have been using cl-store for saving and restoring my objects on Lispworks
1.6.0.01. It has been working great. In my saved object, it has a hash-table
that maps an integer id to a simple object. The saved instance also has
several other modeling objects.

Recently I ran into a restore error during a restoring attempt. This
happened only once and it didn't keep any data/objects before the cl-store
serialization, which means the file saved by cl-store serialization is the
only data I got. So I have no way to check if anything in my data itself was
wrong or not.  Sorry for this incomplete information. Still, could you
please help me on this? Or could you give me some ideas/clues on this error?

The error is:

Error: NIL is an illegal value for the keyword :SIZE
  1 (abort) Return to level 0.
  2 Return to top loop level 0.

Type :b for backtrace or :c <option number> to proceed.
Type :bug-form "<subject>" for a bug report template or :? for other
options.

Call to ERROR
Call to MAKE-HASH-TABLE
Call to (METHOD CL-STORE::INTERNAL-RESTORE-OBJECT (CL-STORE:CL-STORE (EQL
(QUOTE HASH-TABLE)) T))
Call to CL-STORE::HANDLE-NORMAL
Call to CL-STORE::RESTORE-TYPE-OBJECT
Call to CL-STORE::HANDLE-NORMAL
Call to (METHOD CL-STORE:BACKEND-RESTORE (CL-STORE:RESOLVING-BACKEND
STREAM))
Call to CL-STORE::RESTORE-FROM-FILE
Call to (METHOD CL-STORE:RESTORE (T))
Call to CLOS::GENERIC-FUNCTION-NON-DISCRIMINATOR
Call to LET*
Call to EVAL
Call to CAPI::CAPI-TOP-LEVEL-FUNCTION
Call to CAPI::INTERACTIVE-PANE-TOP-LOOP