[cl-store-devel] Fastest way to convert an object to a vector?

Sean Ross rosssd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:32:08 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Chris Dean <ctdean at sokitomi.com> wrote:
> For performance reasons (in general I think that flexi-streams is very
> nice).  I'm creating many intermediate objects that need to be garbage
> collected and I'd like to reduce the amount of garbage.

I'm not so sure that flexi-streams creating the garbage.

Currently cl-store is pretty suboptimal when it comes to serializing a large
number of values one after the other, this is probably something that should be
looked at. Currently a new hash-table is created on every call to
cl-store:store
which is used to track which objects have been serialized already.

If you are very sure that you aren't going to be serializing circular
objects then
you can bind cl-store:*check-for-circs* to nil which will prevent said
hash-tables
from being created.

cl-store could do with some optimization re consing.

Cheers,
 Sean.