[Cl-store-devel] sbcl 0.9.5.3 Compilation error & patch

Sean Ross sdr at jhb.ucs.co.za
Tue Oct 4 08:21:08 UTC 2005

Rafał Strzaliński <nablaone at gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to compile cl-store under sbcl 0.9.5.3. It gives me error:
>
> There is no class named SB-KERNEL:INSTANCE.
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Hi Rafał,

 Thanks for the report.

 I've committed a fix to cvs which allows this to be compiled
 with pre 0.9.5 SBCL builds and current ones.

 If you don't have access to cvs replace the current definition
 of *sbcl-struct-inherits* with the following.

 (defvar *sbcl-struct-inherits*
  `(,(get-layout (find-class t))
    ,@(when-let (class (find-class 'sb-kernel:instance nil))
        (list (get-layout class)))
    ,(get-layout (find-class 'cl:structure-object))))

 I've left out sb-pcl::slot-object as one of the superclasses
 as this caused the structure-definition test to fail, I'm
 not so sure why this class is on a structure objects class
 precedence list but it SBCL complains when it there.

Cheers,
  Sean.

--
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a
 natural  deficiency in moral fibre," he muttered to himself, "and

Confidentiality Notice: http://ucs.co.za/conf.html