[cl-sockets-devel] Re: cl-soap

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Mon Aug 14 19:35:32 UTC 2006

On 07 Aug 2006, at 08:13, Terence Lee wrote:

> I am playing with cl-soap with the attached wsdl, and in the end I
> got it to work, but needed to make the following adjustments, you
> should see the diff in the code lxml.lisp and xsd.lisp
>
> 1) changed string_equal to string= in lxml.lisp
>
> (defun find-item-named (item-name sequence)
> (find (actual-name item-name) sequence :test #'string= :key #'get-
> name))
>
> I found that element names can be case-sensitive atleast with this
> example
>
> 2) added Ref optional attributed to class xml-schema-element
>
> Ref points to another element
>
> And in the generate-xsd-template, I've added ref so that it
> overrides element name if it doesn't exist.  It should override
> other things too.
>
> 3) modified generate-xsd-template, so that if element is empty, skip
>
> 4) originally the wsdl didn't work, due to wsdl targetnamespace is
> different from schema's.  But I changed the wsdl targetnamespace as
> a workaround.  It seems schema can define it's only targetnamespace.
>
> Regards
> Terence Lee
>
> <ACTAtek_examples.wsdl>
> <xsd.lisp>
> <wsdl.lisp>

Terence,

Sorry for the somewhat late reply: I have been quite busy.
I also will not immediately have time to look at your patches: I am
going on a holiday until the end of the month.

It is however quite interesting that you got cl-soap to work for your
situation and I already want to thank you for your contributions.
What exactly did you use cl-soap for ? Is it a public service or
standard ? What are the platform details ?

Sven