[cl-soap-devel] problem with CMUCL (redefining close)

Carlos Ungil carlos.ungil at bluewin.ch
Tue Sep 13 22:23:30 UTC 2005

Hello Sven,

the problem is in CMUCL (OpenMCL works fine).

The error is continuable, but
   0: [CONTINUE] Discard the existing definition of CLOSE.
doesn't seem to be a good idea!

And in fact it's a terrible idea. I've just tried and it got into a
loop:
   Error flushed ...Error in "<error finding name>":  the function CLOSE
is undefined.

I've not tried the WSDL parser yet, but I've tested other lisp
implementations.

Apart from the problem with CMUCL, there were successful tests as well:
SBCL and clisp work (at least a simple SOAP call returns the correct
result).

I've used the following code for open-socket-stream:

   #+clisp (socket:socket-connect port host)
   #+cmu (sys:make-fd-stream (ext:connect-to-inet-socket host port)
:input t :output t :buffering :none)
   #+sbcl (let ((socket (make-instance 'sb-bsd-sockets:inet-socket :type
:stream :protocol :tcp)))
	   (sb-bsd-sockets:socket-connect socket (car
(sb-bsd-sockets:host-ent-addresses (sb-bsd-sockets:get-host-by-name
host))) port)
	   (sb-bsd-sockets:socket-make-stream socket :element-type 'character
:input t :output t :buffering :none))

This is adapted from s-xml-rpc/src/sysdeps.lisp; I'm not sure my
version is bug-free but it at least is partly correct as it seems to
work.

Carlos