[cl-smtp-devel] Corrupted attachments

Jan Tolenaar jan.tolenaar at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 9 22:17:21 UTC 2012

On 09/03/2012 23:03, William P. Proffitt wrote:
>> I had a problem with attachments (using LW 6.0 on W7) and made the
>> attached patch available to the cl-smtp mailing list where it was
>> bounced (because I had no karma). Never got another reply.
>> Perhaps the patch solves your problem.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I am on W7 64bit. I tried the patch but it had
> no effect. Oddly, I don't remember seeing this on LW 6.0, perhaps
> because the size of the attachments were to small.
>
> William

William,

If I remember correctly, cl-smtp doesn't always write a blank line
before the boundary string between two attachments. You might not notice
an error but then your smtp host has a bug because it recognizes a
boundary string that is not preceded by a blank line. Of course during
development and testing I used a 'bad' smtp host. My client's smtp host
was coded correctly and produced corrupted attachments.

Another suggestion: usocket 0.5.5 (not on quicklisp but on its home site).

Jan