[cl-smtp-devel] Patch to support sending raw messages

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Thu Apr 3 04:19:01 UTC 2008

2008/4/2, Jan Idzikowski <jan.idzikowski at knowledgetools.de>:
>  I applied your patch and fixed the bug in CL-SMTP::SMTP-AUTHENTICATE.

Thanks!

>  While running my personal tests (on allegro/linux) i got a problem with
>  your added #\Return after every #\Newline
>  in smtp-output-stream.lisp line 78-79, I commented out these lines and
>  it works for me.

I think this should be fixed for real - It may be that Allegros stream
converts #\Newline to #\Return #\Newline - Sending an additional
#\Return would then be wrong.  If we can make sure that all streams do
the conversion on all platforms, the #\Return addition can just go
away.

RFC2821 (2.3.7) mandates that outgoing lines are always terminated by
#\Return #\Newline, so we'd better make sure that CL-SMTP does that,
too.

Thank you for the merge!
Hans