[cl-serializer-devel] Two issues, one resolved, for CL-SERIALIZER in Allegro 8.1

Andrew Philpot andrew_philpot at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 19:25:10 UTC 2009

#1. (SETF LOGBITP) is not defined in ACL 8.1 (nor in CLISP), and as far as I can tell isn't part of the standard nor can be portably defined.

I'm changing (SETF (LOGBITP x y) z)
to (SETF y (DPB z (BYTE 1 x) y)      (2 places).
Maybe (SETF LDB) is better?

#2. It seems that cl-serializer assumes that objects of type BASE-CHAR must be 8-bit characters, and thus can be encoded in a single byte.  But this isn't the case in Allegro, where (TYPEP (CODE-CHAR 257) 'BASE-CHAR) is true.  I didn't find a good way to get into the type detection logic to cause multi-byte characters to do the right thing.  Suggestions?

Andrew