[cl-rdbms-devel] is type management support extendable?

Simon Cusack scusack at fastmail.com.au
Fri Mar 14 01:22:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have just started to look at cl-rdbms and was wondering what the
following means;

  "Type management support (e.g. to help properly handle the NIL/false
situation)"

Does this mean that I could define my own application specific column
types and then when selecting/updating/inserting cl-rdbms takes care
of converting to/from the db?  So if I had some hairy struct that I
wanted to save in a blob field I could define an appropriate
column-type and related methods?

- Regards, Sim.