[cl-ppcre-devel] I can't install CL-UNICODE

Hiroshi Sakate sakate at sc.sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 18 10:55:03 UTC 2011

Thank you Des and Edi

And I'm sorry that was my fault.
I finished to install CL-UNICODE in very simple process.

1. Install Ubuntu 10.04
2. Install sbcl
3. $ ls .sbcl -> No such file or directory
4. Install CL-UNICODE
5. Finished properly.

The version check result is below.  It's old ASDF!
* (or #+asdf2 (asdf:asdf-version) #+asdf :old)

:OLD

Then what is the reason?
I tried below at new machine which is installed Ubuntu&CL-UNICODE.

6. $ mv .sbcl .sbcl.bak
7. install CL-UNICODE
8. lists.lisp not found!

I have removed .sbcl to test installation process.
That is the problem.

And I tried same test on Ubuntu "10.10"
SBCL version: 1.0.40.0
ASDF version: 1.704

First and Second installation completed successfully!

So I think the reason is
"Ubuntu 10.04 bug" or "old asdf bug" or both.

Do you know about any problem on old asdf?

Anyway I can install CL-UNICODE properly.
Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Hiroshi