[cl-ppcre-devel] Matching on very long strings.

Matthew D. Swank akopa.gmane.poster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:15:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:19:21 -0400
"Hans Hübner" <hans at huebner.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 14:02, Matthew D. Swank
> <akopa.gmane.poster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a scanner that only matches at the start
>
> I might be confused, but isn't '^' what you need?

I tried using a contruct like `(:sequence :start-anchor (:regex ,regex))
where regex is a pcre string, but matching still takes for ever (as in
I gave up after 10 min) when slurping a moderately sized file (400k).
Note, matching works fine for files under 1k, or if I break it up into
lines for line oriented input.

Matt

--
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein.