[cl-ppcre-devel] Matching on very long strings.

Matthew D. Swank akopa.gmane.poster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:02:26 UTC 2008

I wrote a small character based regex engine specifically to support a
lexer. However, the last thing lisp needs is another regex package.
cl-ppcre is so nice I would like to adopt it instead.  However, since
scanners try to find the first place in a string that provides a match,
it can be impractical to use on very long strings.  Is it possible to
create a scanner that only matches at the start index?

Matt
--
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein.