[cl-ppcre-devel] Potential bug in 1.0.13: LDB prompth when using CL-PPCRE.

Victor Kryukov victor.kryukov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:03:59 UTC 2008

Thanks for your clarification, Edi. Now that you mentioned it, I
noticed the correct idiom to use create-scanner in scan documentation:

* (let ((s (cl-ppcre:create-scanner "(([a-c])+)x")))
    (cl-ppcre:scan s "abcxy"))

I should say, though, the documentation was a bit unclear (at least to
me): documentation for scan never mentioned that you can use a
pre-computed scanner instead of regex, and documentation for
create-scanner said that it returns a closure - and my interpretation
was that you have to call it directly to scan for strings. It's
probably my poor lisp knowledge and not your fault, but I'd say it
would be helpful to include an example of correct create-scanner usage
in the create-scanner section.

Thank you very much for all your libraries!

Best Regards,
Victor.

PS. Is your Amazon wish list up-to-date?