[cl-ppcre-devel] Loading of the package takes a long time...

Andrew Stebakov astebakov at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 02:11:17 UTC 2005

Hi,
I just installed the package. The funcionality looks
great but what really concerns me is the load time.
It takes up to 15 sec to load it when I issue
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op 'cl-ppcre) command. (I use
Clisp on Win2K CPU PIII @ 600MHz, not much I know :).

I am wondering if I create a stand-alone binary or use
it as a shell script will it load that long every time
the script will be executed? Is there a way to shorten
the loading time (maybe select not all files? May be
there is some "light" version of the package?)

Thank you,
Andrei