Windows support lately

Joshua Kordani jkordani at lsa2.com
Fri Oct 14 14:51:07 UTC 2016

On 10/14/16 10:35 AM, Luís Oliveira wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Joshua Kordani <jkordani at lsa2.com> wrote:
>> As it seems cl+ssl is being included in more projects by default, and as I
>> continue to have to support windows, I am wondering what the state of
>> support is for windows on 64 bit platforms.  It looks like on first glance
>> that particular library names are expected (and 32 bit versions at that)
>> which are not found in the suggested windows binary download location.  The
>> note on that website is that openssl 1.1.0 recently underwent a change that
>> looks like it requires library users to recompile.
> Works for me on 64-bit ACL 9 + Windows 10. FWIW, it seems like I'm
> using the 1.0 series.
>
> Cheers,

It seems like when I use the 1.0.2j installer and opt to install the
libraries into the windows system folder that the libraries are able to
be found.  but when I try to get cffi to look for them in a special
directory, no dice.  This isn't a problem with this library, but man I'd
like to get to the point where I can bundle these windows dlls and ship
them with the code...  Is this something you normally do? or do you
require end users to install the dependencies themselves?

Josh