[cl-plus-ssl-devel] ssl crashing in hunchentoot. A solution?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 20 23:16:48 UTC 2011

Hello Daniel.

Sure, it would be nicer to have Hunchentoot working on Windows
out of the box.

I personally have desire to solve this, but so far I had no chance
to do it - I am bit overloaded.

First we need to identify the reason of the problem. We don't know
if it's an OpenSSL DLLs incompatibility with the Lisp executable,
or it's a CCL FFI bug, or it's a CFFI bug.

For example, to rule out CFFI, we might rewrite the FFI code
using the native CCL FFI, instead of the CFFI. At least rewrite
the callback FFI code.

CCL FFI is documentd in the CCL manual. Also, Luís Oliveira
suggested a simple way to start the rewriting - macroexpanding
the current CFFI code will give an idea how the corresponding CCL
FFI code should look.

BTW, I've tried the same testcase with ACL, express edition,
but CFFI seems to be significantly broken in this combination
(reported to cffi-devel).

Best regards,
- Anton