[cl-plus-ssl-devel] Possible bug in test-https-server (2008-11-04)

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Wed Jan 21 13:25:35 UTC 2009

Quoting John McAleely (john at mcaleely.com):
> Ah. When I tried bundling CL+SSL into the webserver I'm using
> (portable aserve), I see the same error symptom. What would be the
> best way to remove the BIO entirely? I've tried a couple of things,
> and both failed to remove the BIO - I was seeing the code try to call
> BIO_xxx functions and then failing.

If your code is really using the Lisp BIO (not the FD BIO), i.e. if it
calls make-bio-lisp-method, it would mean that :unwrap-stream-p is false
or that CL+SSL didn't know how to get an FD from the stream.

(One reason could be that the stream argument is actually a gray stream.
Since portable-aserve has a hack for bivalent streams, it would be
important to set up the CL+SSL socket stream from the real-socket, then
wrap it in a CLOS stream, not the other way around.  But this may be
obvious to you.  Hard to say without seeing the code.)

d.