[cl-plus-ssl-devel] Possible bug in test-https-server (2008-11-04)

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Wed Jan 21 12:51:38 UTC 2009

Quoting John McAleely (john at mcaleely.com):
> Anyway, as a 'hack', I simply inserted a call to cl+ssl:ensure-
> initialised before the two threads spawn:
>
> (deftest echo
>    (cl+ssl:ensure-initialized) ; hack!
>    (with-thread ("simple server" #'init-server #'test-server)
>      (with-open-stream (socket (init-client))

Thanks, that looks right to me.

(We don't have a lock in that function.  Should we use bordeaux-threads
and make this function secure, or depend on user to do this only once
before starting threads?)

> This allows the tests to execute, and now 5/8 pass. However, all of
> those with 'unwrap strategy nil' fail.

The Lisp BIO (or "unwrap strategy nil") is known to be problematic.
(Could be that it "happens to work" more reliabily on SBCL, but I don't
recall.)

Luckily, none of the libraries out there actually depend on it.
Perhaps we should comment these tests out.

Thanks for testing,
d.