[cl-plus-ssl-devel] declaim

Antonio Menezes Leitao aml at gia.ist.utl.pt
Tue Feb 27 10:09:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you for developing such a useful library.

I just would like to warn that there are two files in cl+ssl
(streams.lisp and ffi.lisp) that contain a declamation:

(declaim
 (optimize (speed 3) (space 1) (safety 1) (debug 0)
           (compilation-speed 0)))

Unfortunately, the CL standard doesn't restrict the effects of the
declaim to the file being compiled.  As a result, in some
implementations, after loading cl+ssl, all subsequent compilations
will be affected by cl+ssl declamations, which is clearly undesirable.

It would be preferable to restrict such optimizations to individual
functions.

Best regards,

António Leitão.