[cl-plus-ssl-devel] what is this SLEEP business for?

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Fri Aug 17 15:44:54 UTC 2007

Quoting Mark David (mdavid at itasoftware.com):
> Hi! Does anyone know current status on the issue flagged with
> the "FIXME" comment in the code below?  E.g., is someone working
> on it?  Are the answers to the ?'s below now known?  What are
> the issues here? Etc. Thanks, --Mark

Good question.  (I don't have the answer.)

The SLEEP is from an older version of the code base (probably SSL-CMUCL
or so).  The comment and warning are mine.  I added them because I felt
uncomfortable leaving potentially performance-inhibiting behaviour in
there without even presenting users with a visible warning.

So far, I have not seen this code path being triggered.  I would prefer
to leave the warning in there until someone comes along who actually
understands OpenSSL blocking behaviour.