[cl-plus-ssl-devel] Re: FW: bugs in asdf-installable version from cl-plus-ssl-devel-owner at common-lisp.net

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Sep 23 23:43:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:13:13 +0200, David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com> wrote:

> And on Allegro, CL+SSL doesn't work for unknown reasons.  But
> Allegro has its own OpenSSL wrapper anyway.  For drakma, it would
> probably be best to just do #+allegro socket:make-ssl-client-stream
> instead.

I've done that now (Drakma 0.4.3).  The AllegroCL documentation at

  http://franz.com/support/documentation/8.0/doc/operators/socket/make-ssl-client-stream.htm

(which "was changed in a doc update released in September, 2006") says
that "you must have an Enterprise license to use this function."  That
doesn't seem to be the case, though.  I tried with a plain
Professional license for AllegroCL 8.0 on Linux, and it worked.

Please complain on the drakma-devel mailing list if there are any
problems.

Cheers,
Edi.