[Cl-perec-devel] QA

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:36:06 UTC 2010

> I would like to ask what is your policy regarding quality of the live
> repository?  There are quite a few tests failing there so I wonder what
> is the difference between live and head and also how do I know that the
> code is stable enough for merging it into my own repository for further
> work?

the integrated libraries in live are in a state that compile, load and
work fine together (which means that we don't know about issues that
are the result of integration headaches). no more, no less. dwim.hu
runs from the live repos.

as of failing tests: they are part of the bug database. i try to put
with-expected-failures everywhere where i see expected failures,
although it's not always easy due to macrology and i don't run all our
tests regularly (e.g. perec).

so, we try not to have failing tests, but we are not too nervous if
there are some. and we definitely prefer failing tests to unexposed
bugs....

--
 attila