[Cl-perec-devel] allegro port

Tomas Hlavaty tomas.hlavaty at knowledgetools.de
Fri Jan 29 15:52:17 UTC 2010

Hi Levy,

> I think this happens in slot-value.lisp at:

thanks a lot!

> This is a protection against a mismatch in the instance/slot pair.
> This would be desirable for standard slots too, but we can get rid of
> that, because I don't think we loose that much.

I see. I don't know how important this debugging check is.  It could
stay there on sbcl using sb-pcl::%class as before but then it'd be a bit
messy.  Another solution could be creating new portable class for
non-persistent slots, something like transient-slot-definition and
holding the %%class value there although that might be overkill.

> If we support this only for persistent classes, then it might be a
> good idea to follow the naming convention there instead of the generic
> slot-definition-* for standard slots.

I guess you mean calling it persistent-slot-definition-class?

Regards,

Tomas