[Cl-perec-devel] Special requirements

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:56:42 UTC 2008

>> currently each slot change ends up in an sql update. it could be
>> optimized to gather slot changes until the transaction is actually
>> comitted, but it changes the semantics slightly and there are also
>> other lower fruits before that optimization.
>
> Ah, so I need to explicitly wrap all slot writes/uncached reads
> in WITH-TRANSACTION?
It depends, we usually put with-transaction high enough so that you can
write complex algorithms which modify the database at once or not at all.

On the other hande we have for example an algorithm which does a complex
computation and it uses all 9 nodes with 4 cores per node and runs in
parallel by
serializing continuations into the database.

> Also, is there a perec-idiomatic way to set the pg isolation level?
There is always (cl-rdbms:execute-command "SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION
READ COMMITED")
or something similar.

It's not rare but sometimes easier to use direct SQL, for example, a
hand optimized query.

levy
--
There's no perfectoin