[Cl-perec-devel] Re: cl-def?

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:47:05 UTC 2007

Cl-perec is known to work only under SBCL at the moment and we did not
test it under any other CL implementaton. SB-PCL is the CLOS package
of SBCL and as such you will clearly not find it under Allegro. Some
parts of the MOP code (found in both cl-perec and also in
computed-class) is closely related to SB-PCL so might be non-trivial
to make it work under Allegro or any other CL implementation. On the
other hand it's doable if someone with CLOS MOP knowledge takes the
time.

I think it's better to set up the system with SBCL head or the one
found under cl-dwim.

>From cl-perec web-site:
Platforms

The current version is tested under SBCL 1.0+!!! and Ubuntu Linux
using PostgreSQL 8.2. In principle it should be pretty easy to support
other RDBMS systems because the mapping uses standard SQL features.
The RDBMS access is implemented using cl-rdbms which only supports
PostgreSQL (and partially oracle) at the time of writing. As for MOP
compatibility: it is not yet tested with other Common Lisp
implementations, but it was designed to be a portable, so we are only
expecting minor issues when porting.

levy

On 8/14/07, Saurabh Nanda <saurabhnanda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using package `COMMON-LISP' results in name conflicts for these
> > symbols: CLOSER-MOP:DEFGENERIC CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION
> > CLOSER-MOP:DEFCLASS CLOSER-MOP:ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION
> > CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-CLASS CLOSER-MOP:DEFGENERIC
> > CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CLOSER-MOP:DEFCLASS
> > CLOSER-MOP:ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-CLASS
> >    [Condition of type PACKAGE-ERROR]
>
> > The common-lisp.net site seems to be down right now. I'll pull in
> > fresh patches from all the darcs projects that I checked out and try
>
> I updated arnesi_dev, cl-perec, computed-class, and checked out
> closer-mop from
> http://www.common-lisp.net/project/closer/darcs/closer-mop/. Still the
> same errors. Any pointers?
>
> If I "continue" from the error (let the conflicting symbols be
> uninterned and go ahead), I get the following error:
>
> "SB-PCL" is not the name of a package.
>    [Condition of type PACKAGE-ERROR]
>
> I think I should just try this in SBCL once.
>
> Saurabh.
> --
> http://nandz.blogspot.com
> http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com