[Cl-perec-devel] Re: cl-def?

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:50:47 UTC 2007

> your arnesi is way too old, you'll need the latest of most of the
> dependencies from their repos. cl-perec is undergoing heavy
> development.

Thanks for the pointer. I downloaded arnesi from
http://www.common-lisp.net/project/bese/darcs/arnesi_dev finally and
this problem seems to be solved.

> we use sbcl as our primary (well, as the only :) platform and while
> all our code is written to use only standard features, there are most
> probably small problems when using different platforms.

My environment is ACL 8.0 currently. I've tried loading cl-perec on
Allegro and now it's running into some troubles while loading the
computed-class-system package. I'm reproducing the error message
below:

Using package `COMMON-LISP' results in name conflicts for these
symbols: CLOSER-MOP:DEFGENERIC CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION
CLOSER-MOP:DEFCLASS CLOSER-MOP:ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION
CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-CLASS CLOSER-MOP:DEFGENERIC
CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CLOSER-MOP:DEFCLASS
CLOSER-MOP:ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION CLOSER-MOP:STANDARD-CLASS
   [Condition of type PACKAGE-ERROR]

> but... cl-perec uses (setf standard-instance-access) which is not
> defined in stock sbcl. we have a branch where we added this, and i've
> sent a patch to sbcl-devel, too.

Will I require this patch in ACL as well?

The common-lisp.net site seems to be down right now. I'll pull in
fresh patches from all the darcs projects that I checked out and try

Saurabh.
PS: I've changed the subject line of the message.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com
http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com