[cl-pdf-devel] Problems upgrading... again

Jonathon McKitrick jmckitrick at reedlarkeygroup.com
Fri Feb 23 17:02:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, February 23, 2007 5:24 am, Levente Mészáros said:
> We had some problems with cl-pdf compression because it applies the
> platform's default encoding to the output before stream before
> actually compresssing.
>
> This causes weird characters to appear in the pdf. We are using utf-8
> as the lisp vm's default encoding and this causes all those troubles.

That is *exactly* the problem.  Everywhere there should be a copyright
symbol, there is a capital-A-with-acute-accent: A`

> You will need to turn off compression to solve this problem. We also
> use a custom font which has correct encoding and will be embedded in
> the pdf file.

I have compression disabled, and the problem still occurs on *some* but
not all machines.

> If you can send a short non working example we can take a look at it.

Unfortunately, it only occurs in *long* documents, where the compression
is more evident.  I'll see if I can make an example.

Thanks...

--
Jonathon McKitrick
Reed Larkey Group