[cl-pdf-devel] Problems upgrading... again

Jonathon McKitrick jmckitrick at reedlarkeygroup.com
Fri Feb 23 10:05:32 UTC 2007

Hey everyone... I'm pretty desperate here.  I'm willing to write a check,
if that's what it takes.

I'm trying to deliver a commercial product, and when I go to set up cl-pdf
on a new machine, I have to fight with it to get it to work.  My company
is about to kill lisp because of this.

I keep getting 'the variable pdf:*root-page* is unbound'.  Normally, I'd
just go with an old version of cl-pdf, but something happens with the
compression, and I get artifact characters in front of the copyright
symbols.  This is unacceptable to our clients.

I'm running SBCL 1.0.2 on Linux.  I've tried +pdf-binary, and -pdf-binary.
 I've tried svn release 130 and 135.  I've deleted all my fasls and
recompiled.  I've turned compression on.  I've turned it off.  Nothing
seems to help.  I'm at my wits end.  If anyone can help, I'll pay for your
time.  I've just got to get this problem solved, and soon.

--
Jonathon McKitrick
Reed Larkey Group