[cl-pdf-devel] Illegal values in text?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri Jan 20 15:39:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 04:18:09PM +0100, Tim Daly Jr. wrote:
: On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 03:36 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: > I tried reading a pdf in Adobe on Windows, and got 2 error dialogs.  One was
: > for illegal 'm' in text section and then illegal 'Tj' outside text section.
: > Or maybe the other way around, I forget.
: >
: > I need to have this work on Windows eventually.  Any idea what the problem
: > might be?
: >
:
: Did you make the PDF with CL-PDF?  Perhaps you could share the code that

Most definitely.  And I love it on Unix!

: you used to make it?  At a guess, it sounds like you might have mixed up
: your use of PDF:IN-TEXT-MODE.

That's definitely possible.  I have no idea what in-text-mode does, and the
difference between move-to and move-text and move-to-next-line and
show-text-on-next-line are.  But I'm learning.

: FWIW, I doubt that the operating system is an important factor here.
: Perhaps the reader you used on Windows is simply less tolerant of broken
: files.

I updated Acrobat Reader on the machine, but no change.

: One nice tool for debugging PDF files is xpdf with the -cmd option.

I'll try it.  Thanks!

-Jonathon
--
"I am sure that Jesus would use a command prompt.  Hello?  Ten Commandments??"