[cl-pdf-devel] Parsing pdf files

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sun Dec 31 22:08:47 UTC 2006

"Christopher Laux" <christopher.laux at web.de> wrote:

> I'm interested in parsing pdf files for, among other uses, rendering the
> text parts of them. I've seen the parser in pdf-parser.lisp, but if I'm
> not completely mistaken it only handles the meta-information such as
> pages and objects. To get the actual graphical content, i.e. lines and
> text, more work has to be done, right?

It's more than just the meta information but yes the streams content are not parsed yet.
Note that before parsing them, you need to decompress them if they are compressed (which
is very likely).

> I just wanted to make sure that I'm not duplicating functionality out of
> ignorance. And of course, if someone has some hints (or even code?) to
> offer, that would be great.

I'm not aware about anybody else working on that. In general people just need to be able
to write on pages or to get pages from another document. But this is interesting anyway.
:)

Marc