[cl-pdf-devel] Big contibution committed

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Thu Dec 14 16:56:17 UTC 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 1:13 AM, Dmitriy Ivanov wrote:

> "Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> | great! i've not noticed any regression on sbcl, but i still can't
> | write unicode into pdf with typesetting. i get the utf-8 double
> chars,
> | even though i belive i've opened a bivalent stream with iso-8859-2
> | encoding (on sbcl). i'll further investigate this, but if somone
> has a
> | working unicode example it would be cool if it was committed into
> the
> | repo.
> |
> | and i also suggest to decide on an "official" lisp file encoding for
> | the repo to avoid problems like you have with example8 (those chars
> | decode to some chinese unicode chars when decoded in utf-8). i
> suggest
> | utf-8 for this, because that is the default at most places.
>
> utf-8 is hardly supported in PDF. I would suggest switching to UCS-2
> instead.

For the source code (i.e. .lisp) files? I think that's what Attila
was talking about. That seems a bit extreme as most of Lisp code is
going to be ASCII. Unless I'm deeply misunderstanding something, the
encoding we use for the Lisp code has nothing to do with what
encoding we use to generate PDFs. No?

-Peter