[cl-pdf-devel] cl-pdf and cl-typesetting portability

Marc Battyani Marc.Battyani at fractalconcept.com
Thu Sep 9 17:46:08 UTC 2004

I know that cl-pdf and cl-typesetting work very well with LispWorks as it's
the Lisp implementation I use daily. But I would like to know how it works
on other implementations.
For instance I've been told that there are again some problems with the zlib
FFI binding for SBCL and maybe CMUCL.
(This zlib FFI has proven to be the major annoyance.)

Another portability problem was the under-specification of the LOOP
behaviour in the standard, which caused problems with Lisps not using a MIT
based LOOP, like CLisp. So far it's solved by switching to ITERATE which is
better than LOOP anyway ;-)

Other problems/patches/etc. ?

Thanks,

Marc

The full repository is here:
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/
(It's a subversion 1.0 repository.)

The cl-pdf part:
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-pdf/

The cl-typesetting part:
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/cl-typesetting/

The mod_lisp part:
http://www.fractalconcept.com:8000/public/open-source/mod_lisp/

There are also tarballs for cl-pdf and cl-typesetting:

http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/cl-pdf-current.tgz

http://www.fractalconcept.com/download/cl-typesetting-current.tgz

The (somewhat outdated) home pages for these projects are here:
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-pdf.html
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-typesetting.html
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html