[cl-pdf-devel] Small Windows patch

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Tue Nov 30 14:58:46 UTC 2004

"Edi Weitz" <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> Attached is a tiny patch to make CL-PDF easier to use on Windows. The
> zlib library will be searched in the CL-PDF directory itself as well
> as (in the case of LispWorks) the library where the image was
> started. Also, the name "zlib1" is tried in addition to "libz" because
> that's how the binary DLL provided by the GnuWin32 project is
> called. Works for me with LW 4.3.7.

Hey, it has been a while since the last zlib FFI change ;-)
OK, I will put that.

> BTW, has anyone used CL-PDF with AllegroCL on Windows? For me (6.2
> trial) it only works if I disable compression by setting
> *MIN-SIZE-FOR-COMPRESSION* to a very high value. Otherwise, Acrobat
> Reader (6.0.2) can't read the files. There seems to be an issue with
> external formats but I don't have the time to investigate this.

Have you tried the ACL zlib binding in the contrib directory ?
The external format for Allegro has changed several times. Maybe you can try
an older one or disable the binary writing.
BTW to disable the compression it's better to put *compress-streams* to nil.

Cheers,

Marc