[cl-pdf-devel] Greek letters?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Tue Nov 30 15:23:05 UTC 2004

"Björn Lindberg" <d95-bli at nada.kth.se> wrote:

>Is it possible to somehow incorporate greek letters in the PDFs
>created by cl-pdf? More specifically, I need to use a few mathematical
>symbols in the legend of a histogram, such as \theta, \kappa &
>\omega. I'm using CMUCL, so I only have latin1 in my lisp.

Yes, just use the "Symbol" font and look at the *symbol-encoding* in
encodings.lisp. (code-char 97) should give you "alpha". If you need more
math symbols, just use a TeX math font for instance.

You can also look at the cl-typesetting example to see some maths:
http://www.fractalconcept.com/ex.pdf

Marc