[cl-pdf-devel] Re: [cl-typesetting-devel] Cl-pdf & cl-typesetting usage documentation expanded

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Aug 30 22:05:55 UTC 2004

"Brian Sorg" <brian.sorg at liberatinginsight.com> wrote:

#|
Sorry for the reply delay but your ISP refuses my emails to you and the
mailing lists were down :(
|#

> I just wanted to let you know that I have released a major upgrade to
> the usage documentation for cl-pdf and cl-typesetting. It is based on
> version 2.1 and documents most of features that one would use to create
> a pdf document.  It can be found at
> www.liberatinginsight.com/open-projects.html.  There you can view the
> documentation online or download a zip file.  The documentation is html
> formatted.

Cool!

> If anyone finds mistakes or has information to add please let me know.
>
> The next steps I plan to take are to:
>
> 1. Create a few short tutorials by solving typical problems, ie business
> letters, avery label creation, etc

Good, this is really missing for now.

> 2. Update the documentation to match the current release

It's still a moving target...

> 3. Document the remaining features

Good.

> 4. Generate the documentation using cl-typesetting

Yes, this one is a must ;-)

Have you got some feedback on this ?
(Well, probably not. I have lots of downloads for my open-source projects
but
almost never any feedback :()

Automatic documentation generation is a topic I will probably add to
cl-typesetting. I've already added graph generation/typesetting and tomorrow
I will release a cl-typesetting pretty printer for lisp files. This could be
combined with some XRef utilities in the CMU Lisp repository or with
something like Albert for some cute documentation generation.

Any volunteers to help ?

Marc