[cl-openid-devel] getaddrinfo fails upon calling 'cl-openid:initiate-authentication

Aad Versteden madnificent at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:53:56 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to get cl-openid running today, yet I'm failing
miserably.  For some reason (it might not be specific to cl-openid,
yet I could reproduce it on two computers on the same network) the
call to 'cl-openid:initiate-authentication seems to fail with the
error "Name service error in "getaddrinfo": -2 (Name or service not
known)".  On ubuntu, that status code becomes -5.

This happens when running the rlying-part.lisp example (with an
updated call to 'init-relying-party) in the current darcs repository.

I have used darcs dist and ran asdf-install on that tarball to fetch
the other needed libraries.  Some changes were needed in the code, to
make it compatible with the current tarball of hunchentoot.

I have tried to run some c-code to see if getaddrinfo worked on some
trivial cases and that seems to work.  Hover, getaddrinfo seems to
fail on calls with an http prefix.

Any help is appreciated!

madnificent