[cl-openid-devel] Timeline

Maciek Pasternacki maciej at pasternacki.net
Fri May 16 13:59:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

I posted initial development timeline and few first tasks to Trac.
Future is seen at "Roadmap" (exact due date for each milestone is
available only in milestone details), and log of past activity is at
"Timeline".

Milestones are pretty rough, detailed tasks will be opened as tickets.
I plan to get everything needed for coding (infrastructure, research)
lined up before May 26 -- including initial scaffold code (repository,
directory and source files layout, etc).

A tangible milestone on midterm evaluation start seems like a good idea,
and I chose non-portable OpenID relying party and provider
implementation (Drakma, Hunchentoot, in-memory storage).  I planned more
time for relying party than for provider, because much of code will be
reused.

After mid-term evaluation, I plan to work on portability.  I set dates
for all three portability layers at Google's suggested "pencils down"
date, because priorities and time estimates will be sorted out while
implementing initial non-portable version.

Due date for complete documentation is set at firm "pencils down" date,
as Google's program timeline suggested to use last week for
documentation work and polishing.

There is also a milestone for optional features, without any due date.
This is intentional -- this milestone is there mostly for grouping
tickets related to optional features.

Regards,
Maciej

--