[cl-openid-devel] What happens after verification?

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sun Jul 20 15:27:57 UTC 2008

Thanks for the elaborate reply. I understood everything pretty
well, but...

> At the moment, HANDLE-OPENID-REQUEST does not handle the assertion
> errors at all.  This is because it should be treated rather as an
> example, simple implementation, not as the main entry point.  This is a
> plain Web 1.0 interface and endpoint at the same URI, and as such needs
> no checkid_immediate support.  To properly use checkid_immediate, more
> elaborate setup is needed and it needs to know more of the overall
> application (it's supposed to be called from e.g. an AJAX framework,
> which may take very different forms).

That's what I'm interested in.

I see that using IMMEDIATE-P causes my identity provider to redirect
immediately to my site; but not completely;

when I say:

  (initiate-authorization "http://skypher.myopenid.com/"
      "http://handler.tld/path"
      "http://realm.tld/"
   :immediate-p t)

the redirect will return to http://handler.tld/IDx. How am I
supposed to catch this? I'd rather be redirected to the full
URI I specified and then pick up GET parameters or something.

And how am I suppose to use this stuff with AJAX, since I
don't want to do a full page redirect in this case?

I suppose I have a fundamental misunderstanding here, sorry
for being dumb... :)

  Leslie