[cl-openid-devel] missing packages in shelf and trivial-utf8 bug

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 14 14:53:21 UTC 2008

I've reported the error to the trivial-utf-8-devel list,
Marijn Haverbeke kindly fixed the problem. With
new version of trivial-utf-8 cl-openid works SBCL now.

Simon, thank your for the bug report and for the interest in
the project.

As for usage of flexi-streams instead of trivial-utf-8,
perhaps it makes sense, in case when drakma and/or hunchentoot
is used (Maicek has an intention to make the cl-openid
independent of http client and server).

As drakma and hunchentoot already depend on flexi-streams,
trivial-utf-8 add some redundancy into library dependency.
But this is not a big problem IMHO, at least for now.

Maicek works on OpenID Provider, so that our Common Lisp
sites will be able not only login users by their livejournal
etc. credentials, but also allow our users to login into
livejournal, blogger etc. by credentials from Common Lisp sites.

After working OpenID Provider will be implemented (perhaps this week),
a refactoring is planned and here we will have a chance to
rethink library dependencies.

-Anton