sbcl spikes on hidden opengl window

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 11:27:13 UTC 2019

[added cl-opengl-devel to Cc]

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 4:49 PM Orm Finnendahl
<orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> Hi Luís,
>
> Am Samstag, den 03. August 2019 um 15:31:53 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Luís
> Oliveira:
> >
> > The list is not dead, it just smells funny!
>
> Ahh, Zappa :-)
>
> > Can you interrupt the Lisp to see what's pegging the CPU?
>
> What do you mean by "interrupt the Lisp"? I noticed, that the REPL
> hangs (is blocked), when the GL window is completely covered. Typing
> is echoed but the REPL doesn't return. As soon as I uncover the GL
> Window, it gets responsive again and executes all typed commands.
>
> BTW: This is on linux, emacs 26.2, slime 2.23 and sbcl 1.5.3.

Interrupting from Emacs would have been convenient yes. Since that
doesn't work, try to interrupt the Lisp process using gdb.

Is your SBCL multi-threaded? (I don't have a actual followup question,
but that might influence things, so perhaps you can try with and
without threading?)

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/