[cl-opengl-devel] Texture coordinates using vertex array

Deepak Surti dmsurti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 08:51:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have written a small library using cl-opengl to do skeletal animation
which works great.
I use vertex arrays in the process. As outlined in opengl-array.lisp under
examples, I have
a gl array of vertices.

To the vertex object in the gl array I added texture coordinates:
(gl:tex-coord :type float :components (u v))

In my code, (just like enable vertex and color array); I enable tex coord
array

; all texture loading code and creating gl vertices/indices code

(gl:enable-client-state :texture-coord-array)
            (gl:bind-gl-vertex-array gl-vertices)
            (gl:draw-elements :triangles gl-indices)
(gl:enable-client-state :texture-coord-array)

However it leads to a memory segment address error.

If I go the primitive route, rendering the  triangle vertices and texture
coordinates,
things work fine.

Obviously, as for texture coordinates with draw elements; I am missing
something. I tried
looking up into the source/examples but could not find. [PS: i am no C
expert, so am stuck here]

Any help appreciated,

Let me know in case of any questions,
Thanks and Regards,