[cl-opengl-devel] package "GL" not found

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:04:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Nick Khamis <symack at gmail.com> wrote:
> CL-USER> (asdf:load-system :cl-opengl)
> ; /usr/local/tools/cl-opengl/cl-opengl.asd into #<PACKAGE "ASDF0">
> ; Registering #<SYSTEM CL-OPENGL> as CL-OPENGL
>
> * And in (sldb sbcl):
>
> There is no applicable method for the generic function
>   #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION ASDF:COMPONENT-NAME (1)>
> when called with arguments
>   (#:ALEXANDRIA).
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
>
> Restarts:
>  0: [RETRY] Retry calling the generic function.
>  1: [ABORT] Return to sldb level 1.

You got an error while loading cl-opengl. Apparently, it didn't even
load any of cl-opengl's source files. The fact that "Alexandria" is
mentioned in the error, suggests that something while processing
cl-opengl's dependencies since Alexandria is one of the projects
cl-opengl depends on. (Since you don't want to use quicklisp, you'll
have to download it yourself.)

However that ABORT restart #1 ("Return to sldb level 1.") indicates
that this is a nested error. I.e., there was some error, probably
indicating that Alexandria was not found, but for some reason, while
printing information about that error, something else went wrong.

Can you pick that restart to try and figure out what that error was?
If that doesn't work, expand the backtrace. It should have more useful
information.

HTH,

--
Luís Oliveira