[cl-opengl-devel] package "GL" not found

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 00:58:33 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

My current environment consists of (Emacs, SBCL, ASDF, and SLIME).
Trying to run a few minimalistic examples I keep getting:

package "GL" not found

Things I have done to try to make ASDF central registry aware of the
cl-opengl implementation:

#~/.sbclrc

;;; asdf-prep.lisp
(dolist (subdir (list ;; ... some other packages ...
                      #P"cl-opengl/"))
  (push (merge-pathnames subdir #P"/usr/local/tools/")
        asdf:*central-registry*))

And in the code I added:

(require :asdf)                 ; need ASDF to load other things
(asdf:load-system :cl-opengl)   ; load OpenGL bindings
(asdf:load-system :cl-glu)      ; load GLU bindings
(asdf:load-system :cl-glut)     ; load GLUT bindings

I have heard of quicklisp however, trying to understand how
environment variables work, and would like to get it going with
this minimalistic setup first if possible.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Nick.