[cl-opengl-devel] cl-glut not able to open windows until shown how by lispbuilder-sdl

Zach Hall halloweenincorporated at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:02:06 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm having a weird problem with cl-glut.

When I run something using glut to produce a window, I don't get a window.
Inserting a swank-handler into the loop of the examples, I determined that
they WERE running, they just weren't giving me a window.

I'm using Windows 7, Clozure-CL and I have FreeGlut loaded and detected
properly. Everything works, except that the window doesn't show.

So! I decided to try Lispbuilder-SDL, I loaded up their examples and they
are able to successfully open windows.

What's really odd about this, is that AFTER I've created a window using
Lispbuilder, it seems to show Glut what to do, and Glut can suddenly open
display windows properly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?