[cl-opengl-devel] cl-opengl and *READ-DEFAULT-FLOAT-FORMAT*

Sumant Oemrawsingh soemraws at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 2 04:17:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I recently installed cl-opengl, but had problems during compilation, regarding
an asserted type (single-float) not matching a derived type (double-float).
After some time of looking into the problem, I found that I was compiling in a
lisp (sbcl) where I redefined *READ-DEFAULT-FLOAT-FORMAT* to DOUBLE-FLOAT) for
something or other.

Setting this back (or restarting) allowed compilation. I would expect that a
library is independent on this. I.e. constant floats should be consistently
written as either 1.0d0 or 1.0f0, no?

Anyway, just thought to let you know that this _might_ cause problems for
others. Or maybe others aren't so stupid to globally change *R-D-F-F*...

-Sumant